• 300gm – Chana dal
• 20 Green chillies
• 3 medium-sized Onions (finely chopped)
• 1.5 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 3 tbsp – Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• 1.5 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• oil for deep frying
• salt to taste
- Soak the chana dal in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Grind the green chillies to a paste.
- Grind the dal without any water.
- Mix in the green chillies, onions, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, and salt to taste.
- Take a portion of the dal on the palm of your hand and flatten slightly to make a wada.
- Deep fry this wada on a medium flame in hot oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja