• 150 gms – Channa dal
• 75 gms – Tuvar dal
• 75 gms – Urad Dal
• 1 piece Ginger (finely chopped)
• 4 to 5 green chilies (finely chopped)
• 1.5 tsp – asafeotida powder
• 10 Curry leaves (finely chopped)
• oil for deep frying
• salt to taste
- Wash and soak the dals separately for one hour and thirty minutes.
- Coarsely grind the dals together with a little water to get thick consistency.
- Add ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, asafetida powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well. Keep oil to heat for deep frying the wadas.
- Take a little of the mixture and flatten into rounds on the palm of your hand.
- Slip it into hot oil and fry till they are golden in color.
- Deep fry the wadas on a medium flame.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja