• 1 – big size Sweet Potato
• 1/2 tsp – cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 cups – Wheat Flour
• 1 tbsp – oil/butter
• Salt to taste
- Peel the skin of sweet potato and chop it into big cubes and pressure cook it.
- Allow for 2-3 whistles as we need to cook the sweet potatoes nicely so that it gets smashed.
- Even we can keep the sweet potatoes as a whole in a vessel and pressure cook it and then we can remove the skin and smash it.
- Take the cooked potatoes and smash it nicely.
- In a vessel, add the smashed sweet potatoes, cumin seeds, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add wheat flour and mix everything nicely to make a chapatti dough.
- If in case it is dry, sprinkle some water to make a nice dough. Keep the dough set aside for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, knead the dough again and make small balls out of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll the dough ball to a thin roti. Repeat the steps and roll the remaining balls.
- Heat a tawa, when the tawa is hot enough, add the roti, and add little oil or butter and allow it to cook it on one side.
- Turn the roti to another side and cook evenly. Repeat the same for cooking the rest of rotis.
- The delicious Sweet Potato Roti is ready to serve hot with dal or any vegetarian gravies.
- Recipe courtesy: Subbu’s Kitchen.
Recipe courtesy of Subbalakshmi Ranganathan