• 1 bunch – Palak red
• 3/4 cup – dal (moong), roasted lightly and soaked for 1 hour
• A pinch of Jeera
• 1 Clove – Garlic
• Red Chilli powder
• Haldi and salt to taste
• 2 tbsp – Coconut
- Pressure cook dal till well done and mash.
- Grind the garlic and the jeera with a pinch of haldi and a tsp of chilli powder and 2 tbsp of coconut.
- Add this paste to the dal along with the chopped red palak and cook.
- After switching off the flame, pour a little coconut oil and a few curry leaves on top to garnish and to flavour. Tastes good with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi