• 3 oz – Butter
• 2 cups – plain flour, sifted
• A pinch of salt
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup – cheddar cheese
• 100 gms – flaked almonds, lightly crushed
• Oil for deep frying
- Put water in a pan with butter and bring to boil.
- When it is on the point of boiling, remove from heat and stir in the sifted flour and salt.
- Beat until it comes away from the sides of pan.
- Then beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the grated cheese and the flaked almonds.
- With a little flour on your hands to stop the mixture sticking, roll it up into walnut sized shapes.
- Deep fry, a few at a time, until golden (they will take about 5-7 mins. to cook).
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately