• 15 oz. – Ricotta cheese
• 15 oz. – Sugar
• 2 cups – Coconut (dry, found in Indian stores)
• 15 oz. – powdered Milk (carnation)
• 1/2 cup – melted Butter or Ghee
• 1/4tsp Cardamom powder
• 2 drops – food colouring (green or yellow)
- Place Ricotta cheese in a saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Keep stirring until the cheese turns into a light brown colour.
- Add sugar and keep stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add coconut and cook until it becomes thick.
- Add the milk powder and mix it well – at the same time, also add a little of the ghee, powdered cardamom and the food colour.
- When the mixture is well incorporated and thick, remove from heat.
- The mixture is ready when it starts leaving the sides of the saucepan.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan.
- Cool and cut into small pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Ami