• 8-10 – well rounded Capsicums
• 3/4 cup – Corn kernels, boiled
• 1/2 cup – grated cheese
• 1 inch piece – ginger, ground to paste
• 5-6 – green chillies, ground to paste
• 2-3 flakes – garlic, ground to paste
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp – oil
- Heat oil in a vessel, add all the ground paste and fry for one minute.
- Add the corn, cheese, sugar and salt. Stir well, let all the water evaporate. Keep aside.
- Boil water in a large pan. Slit the capsicum horizontally, just below the stalk. Scoop out the seeds. Place them in boiling water and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Stuff the filling and cover with the caps. Secure with string.
- Place in casserole, dab with very little butter and bake in hot oven till tender. Remove strings and serve hot with garlic rolls or plain bread.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi