• 150 g / 6oz – whole Wheat flour
• 3/4 tsp – dried Yeast
• 75 ml/ 3 oz – warm water
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 2 tsp – Olive oil
• 2 tsp – Honey
• 2 tbsp – grated cheddar cheese
• 2 Cloves – grated Garlic
• 1 tbsp – fresh chopped herbs( Parsley or coriander or chives)
- Preparation of the dough: Mix the whole wheat flour, salt and yeast together in a bowl.
- Add honey and warm water to make a smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a clean oiled bowl, cover with a cling film and allow it to rise in warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare the loaf: Mix the cheese, herb and grated garlic together.
- Divide the dough in to 10 equal parts.
- Roll them like small discs.
- Dip one disc in the cheese and herb mixture and place the other disc on top.
- Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- Grease and line a 1 lb loaf tin.
- Place the discs inside the tin.
- Cover it with a cling film and allow it to rise for another 20 minutes until it gets puffed up.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until its top becomes golden brown.
- Serve it with Tomato souffle or with any curries or stew of your choice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Taste of Pearl City
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz