Healthy capsicum preparation stuffed with cheese and spinach filling
6-8 small red bell peppers (optionally use capsicum)
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon cream
2 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
1. Cut the top of the peppers horizontally (like a cap). Scoop out the seeds.
2. Blanch spinach in hot water.
3. Heat butter in a pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
4. Now add chopped spring onion and fry until transparent.
5. Add white pepper powder and fry for a minute. Add parmesan cheese and cook until it melts. Reserve 2 tablespoon of this sauce for later use.
6. Now add blanched spinach in the remaining sauce, salt, garam masala and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add cream and cook until the gravy is thick.
8. Remove from heat and keep aside.
9. Stuff the bell peppers with the filling prepared above.
10. Place stuffed bell peppers in a greased oven tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until peppers are cooked.
11. Pour the reserved sauce over the cooked peppers and serve hot.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes