• 230 g – flour
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• 170 g – Butter
• 170 g – Sugar
• 4 -eggs
• 100 g – glazed Cherries
• 1-2 tbsp – Milk
• 1/2 tsp – vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Wash the cherries clean and pat them dry in a kitchen towel. Quarter them.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one by one, and beat well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate pan.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet to get a batter of dropping consistency. Add a tbsp or two of milk if the batter is too thick.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes free of crumbs.
- Recipe courtesy: My Kitchen Trials
Recipe courtesy of Rajani