• 1 1/4 kg – rajapuri mangoes
• 1 1/4 kg – Sugar
• 50 g – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tsp – salt
- Peel and grate the mangoes.
- Wash, apply salt and put aside for an hour in a big steel bowl.
- Add sugar. Mix well.
- Cover the vessel with a muslin cloth, and tie it tightly to make it almost airtight.
- Place the vessel with the pickle, in the sun for 10-12 days.
- However open the muslin cloth every evening, mix the mangoes and cover again tightly.
- To ensure that the ants do not get in, place the vessel in a plate of water during the night.
- After 12 days, add red chilli powder, mix well and put in the sun for one more day.
- Cool it overnight and store in a dry sterilized glass jar the next morning.
- The pickle is ready to be eaten.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja