• oil – 1/3 cup
• Onion – one and a half cup, thinly sliced
• Ginger – 3cm, sliced
• Garlic – 8 flakes, sliced
• Green chillies – 4, slit
• Red Chillies – 2, broken into pieces
• Chicken joints – 750g
• Tamarind paste – 2 tsp
• salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic and fry till light brown.
- Add green and red chillies, chicken joint, and salt.
- Fry, stirring all the time, until the chicken turns light brown.
- Add tamarind paste, salt, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer till the chicken is cooked.
- Open the lid and increase the heat till the gravy is thick enough to coat the chicken pieces.