• 1 Kg- Chicken
• 1 large Onion( sliced)
• Handful – Coriander leaves
• 1″ Ginger
• 10 flakes- Garlic
• 8 Green chillies
• 1/2 tsp- Jeera
• 1 tsp- Pepper seeds
• Pinch of Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp- Poppy Seeds
• 1/4 tsp- Turmeric powder
• 6 Cloves
• 1 Cinnamon Stick
• 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
• 1/4 cup- Grated fresh/dry Coconut
• 3 tsp- Ghee
• Salt to taste
- Clean chicken and cut into medium pieces ,keep aside.
- Grind together ginger, garlic, chillies, pepper, jeera, mustard, poppy, cloves, cinnamon, grated coconut, coriander leaves.
- Add turmeric powder and grind to fine paste with adding little water (if needed only)
- Heat ghee in a Kadai. Add 1 sliced onion and fry for some time, then add the ground paste and fry nicely till it becomes slightly dark brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry for 2 mins.
- Add chicken pieces, salt to taste and cover and cook till done. (add little amount of masala water if needed)
- Serve hot with ghee/plain rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sunitha Lewis