• 1 whole Chicken (chopped into medium-sized pieces)
• 1 tub of Curd (about 2.5 cups)
• 1 cup – roasted and skinned Peanuts
• 3 – medium-sized Onions
• 1 cup – chopped coriander
• A large piece of Ginger
• 6 to 7 – Green chillies
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop the chicken.
- Marinate it for at least 10 hours in a mixture of curd, salt, and black pepper.
- Make a paste of the onions, green chillies, coriander, and ginger.
- Grind the peanuts into a paste separately.
- Saute the green paste in butter (could replace it with oil, if desired).
- When the paste begins to turn golden, add the peanut paste and one tablespoon of the curd from the marinade.
- Stir well to make a thick curry.
- Now add the chicken pieces, carefully wiping away all excess curd.
- Cover and cook on medium heat. It will not take more than 15 minutes for the chicken to cook.
- When the chicken is done, add the remaining curd from the marinade; bring to a quick boil and take off heat.
- Garnish it with some coriander and slivers of ginger.
- Serve hot with kulchas.
Recipe courtesy of Ritu