Spicy chicken dish made with onion and cashew nut paste
1 kg chicken (with or without bones)
2 medium red onion, made into a paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
Elaichi mix (2 cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 cloves powdered)
2 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
2 bay leaves
3 tablespoon vegetable oil or pure ghee
1/4 cup (50 gm) curd
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1/4 cup (50 gm) cream
4 tablespoon cashewnut paste
Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Wash the chicken and cut into big chunks.
2. Heat a saucepan, add oil, let it warm up then add sugar.
3. Keep stirring until sugar changes colour to a dark brown.
4. Now add elaichi mix, bay leaves, onion paste and fry until onion turns pink in colour.
5. Now add ginger and garlic paste, keep stirring until oil separates.
6. Now add the chunks of chicken, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, red chilli powder, tomato ketchup and stir until the mixture penetrates into the chicken.
7. After stirring for 2-3 minutes add curd, cashew nut paste and stir for a minute.
8. Put the lid on and let it cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
9. Keep stirring in between because cashew nut and curd tends to stick to the pan very fast.
10. Just before removing from fire, add cream and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. 11. Serve hot.
Cooking time: 40 minutes