• 6 -skinless boneless Chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
• 1 packet- wooden skewers
• For the marinade:
• 1/4 cup – fresh lemongrass, minced
• 1 – small onion, chopped
• 2- Cloves Garlic
• 1 inch piece Ginger (or galangal) – peeled and sliced
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• 1 tbsp – coriander powder
• 2 tsp – jeera/ cumin
• 3 tbsp – dark low-sodium soy sauce
• 4 tbsp – fish sauce or Oyster sauce
• 5 tbsp – Brown sugar
• 1 tbsp – fresh Lime juice
- Soak the wooden skewers in water to prevent them from burning while (No Suggestions) or broiling.
- Grind all the marinade items with a little water to a paste.
- Adjust the salt, sugar, soy sauce and fish/oyster sauce to your taste.
- Mix the paste into the chicken and marinate for 45 mins. (Can stay marinated for up to 24 hours)
- Skewer the meat, a strip or 2 on each stick, leaving enough space at the end to flip-over.
- Grill on a bib or broil in your oven for 10-20 minutes (5-10 minutes each side) depending on how thick your strips are.
- Serve with Thai sweet-chilli or some Thai peanut sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Mearl Fernandes