Chicken Tikka is an extremely popular starter dish across India. It is very quick and easy to cook. Chicken chunks are marinated with different spices, yogurt mixture and then grilled on skewers. You can also serve chicken tikka as a main course with rice or warm pita bread.
– 450 gm boneless chicken, skinned and cubed
– 1 tablespoon crushed fresh root ginger
– 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
– 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
– Salt to taste
– 2/3 cup yogurt
– 4 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
– 1 tablespoon oil
How To Cook?
1. In a medium bowl, add chicken pieces, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix them well.
2. Stir in the yogurt, lemon juice and coriander and leave it to marinate for 2-3 hours.
3. Now, place a grill pan lined with foil and baste with the oil.
4. Preheat the grill to MEDIUM and grill the chicken for 15-20 minutes until it cooked well. Turning and basting several times
5. Serve Chicken Tikka on a bed of mix salad leaves, garnished with onion rings, lime wedges and coriander leaves.
– To make the turning and basting of the chicken easier, thread the chicken pieces on to six wooden skewers before placing under the grill.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes