• 1/2 kg – Curd
• 300 gms – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• few strands Saffron
• 1/2 tbsp – Pista & Almond crushed
- Tie curd in a clean muslin cloth overnight. (6-7 hours).
- Take in a bowl, add sugar and mix.
- Keep aside for 25-30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve. Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. milk till well broken and dissolved. Keep aside.
- Beat well till sugar has fully dissolved into curd.
- Pass through a big holed strong strainer, pressing with hand or spatula.
- Mix in cardamom powder and dissolved saffron and half nuts.
- Empty into a glass serving bowl, top with remaining nut crush.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Making time: 20 minutes (excluding tying and keeping time) Makes: 6-7 servings Shelf life: 3-4 days refrigerated
- To make fruit flavoured shrikhand e.g. mango, add pulp at the stage of adding cardamom and saffron.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi