• 1 kg – crab, shelled, cleaned and cut into 2 pieces
• 1 – medium-sized Onion
• 6 – Green chillies
• 1 tsp – whole black pepper
• 1 tbsp each – Ginger and Garlic paste
• a small bunch of Coriander leaves
• 1 – Lemon
• 2 tbsp – oil
• a few Curry leaves
• salt to taste
- Apply turmeric powder to the crab pieces and keep aside for some time.
- Grind all the ingredients, except the curry leaves and lemon, into a paste (not very fine).
- Heat oil and fry the masala until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the curry leaves, lime juice and salt.
- Add the crab pieces and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add more green chillies if you want the dish to be spicier but do not add water.
Recipe courtesy of Rekha. R