• Basmati Rice – 1 cup
• Cabbage cut in to strips – 1 cup
• Beans cut in to strips – 1/4 cup
• Capsicum cut in to strips – 1/4 cup
• Onions – 2
• Spring onions – 1 small bunch
• Bren sprouts – 1/4 cup
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Cook the rice in boiling water and when it is half cooked ,drain water and allow it to cool.
- Separate the grains using a fork. To this rice, mix the ground mixture of chillies and garlic.
- Heat oil in a broad frying pan and fry the prepared vegetables one by one as follows. – Onions, beans, carrots, bean sprouts, capsicum, cabbage and spring onions.
- When the vegetables are tender ,add salt and cooked rice.
- Continue frying in a high flame till rice becomes very hot.
Recipe courtesy of Saraswathy