• 112 – Green chillies
• 1 tbsp – ajwain
• 1/2 cup – Coconut grated
• 2 cup – besan
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 50 g- Tamarind
• Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind with sufficient water and make the tamarind pulp.
- Slit green chillies lengthwise. Remove the seeds if needed.
- Boil them for 10-12 minutes.
- Grind ajwain and grated coconut. To this mixture add tamarind and salt.
- Fill each of the green chilli with the mixture
- In a bowl, add besan, cumin and salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add 2 tsp hot oil to the above mixture.
- Add required amount of water to the mixture. This batter should be thick.
- Then add green chillies to the batter.
- Drop green chillies one by one into hot oil. Deep fry on medium heat till the pieces turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve with hot tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Bhagya