• 1/2 kg – fresh bass or salmon
• 6 – Garlic Clove
• 3 – Onions
• 3 tbsp – Ginger
• 3 – green chilli; cut into pieces
• 2-3 – green and red bell peppers, sliced into pieces
• 1 big – jalapeno peppers, sliced into pieces
• 2 – tomatoes, sliced into pieces
• 1 tsp – Thai or Chinese chilli paste
• 4 tbsp – Thai or Chinese chilli oil (to cook the fish slices)
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• 2-3 tsp – Corn starch
- Marinate the fish pieces in a little vinegar and ginger paste for about 2 hrs.
- Then fry the fish slices in a little oil till they are a little brown.
- Take care not to break the pieces.
- Keep aside.
- Then in a wok or a frying pan heat the Thai/Chinese chilli oil over medium heat.
- Then saute the garlic cloves, the onions, the ginger paste, the green chillies, the jalapeno peppers, the bell peppers & the tomato slices.
- Saute for several mins over low-medium heat.
- Then add the fish slices, the Thai/Chinese chilli paste, sugar, and salt.
- Saute further and lower the heat.
- Keep the wok or the pan covered as you cook.
- When the vegetables become soft, dilute the corn starch in a little water (about quarter of a cup) and add to the dish.
- Stir for 4-5 minutes more.
- Serve hot with fine rice.
Recipe courtesy of Shyamolika