Chinese Samosa is a fusion recipe of Indian samosa and Chinese noodles. This mouth-watering samosa is a fried pastry with savory filling, such as spiced with noodles, peas, carrot, cabbage and taste of soya sauce. If you are in the mood to have crispy and scrumptious snacks or appetizers to satisfy your taste buds than must try this lip smacking snack recipe of Chinese samosa.
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoons ghee
For The Stuffing
– 1 cup boiled noodles
– 1/4 cup grated carrot
– 1/4 cup green peas
– 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
– 2-3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 finely chopped green chili
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
How To Cook?
To Make Dough:
1. Place all purpose flour in a bowl along with ghee, carom seeds and salt. Mix well.
2. Add a little water at time and knead stiff dough. Cover it and set aside for a half an hour.
To Make Stuffing
3. In a wide pan, heat oil and add ginger paste and chopped green chili saut? it for a while then add green peas and cook it for about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add shredded carrot and cabbage. Mix well and cook it for a minute.
5. Then add red chili powder, pepper powder, soy sauce, lemon juice and salt. Stir well and saut? it for another minute.
6. Now, add boiled noodles and coriander leaves. Toss them to mix well.
To Make Samosa
1. After half an hour, take dough and divide into equal-sized portion.
2. Now, roll out each portion of dough into a thin oval chapatti. Cut into half.
3. Take one half and apply water on the straight edge and fold that edge to make a cone. Make sure that watered edge are overlapped and sealed.
4. Put the stuffing into the cone and seal it to make a samosa.
5. Similarly, prepare other samosas.
6. Heat the oil in a deep and deep fry these samosas over MEDIUM heat till golden brown from all sides and crisp.
7. Serve hot with schezwan sauce.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes