• 1/2 kg – Potatoes
• 200 g – Beans
• 100 g – Carrots
• 150 g – Capsicum
• 100 g – Cabbage
• 5 pieces of bread
• 2-3 tsp – crushed Green chillies
• 1 tsp ajinomoto
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying.
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes. Add salt.
- Chop carrots and beans into very fine pieces.
- Chop cabbage very finely. Add salt and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Chop capsicum finely.
- Crumble the bread pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Add the carrots and beans. Stir fry.
- Then add the cabbage and the capsicum.
- Add 1 tsp ajinomoto, crushed green chillies and salt to taste.
- Stir fry and remove from heat. Cool.
- To the mashed potato, add the cooled vegetable mixture and crumbled bread pieces. Mix well.
- Make lemon-sized balls.
- Shape them like a 2-3 inch stick.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain the excess oil with a newspaper.
- Serve hot with tomato/chilli sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Meenal