• 2 cups Rice
• 100g beans, finely chopped
• 2 carrot, finely chopped
• 1 onion, sliced
• 100g cabbage, finely chopped
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 2 to 3 green chillies, cut lengthwise
• 1 tsp ginger, chopped finely
• 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp soya sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 3 tbsp oil
- Pick, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Boil water. Add rice and little salt.
- Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
- When rice is done, drain and add some cold water.
- Drain again using a large sieve and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or large pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Take care that vegetables are not overdone. They should be crisp.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Now mix the soya sauce to it.
- Cook the Chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Niti Sharma