• 1 cup – Rice flour
• Salt to taste
• 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp – water
• 1/2 cup – grated Coconut
- Mix the rice flour with salt and water and mix well.
- When you roll the mixture into a ball, it should be able to hold shape and crumble easily when you crush it.
- Put the mixture in a grinder and run for a couple of seconds. This step is optional. The blitzing making the puttu even more softer.
- Place the pressure cooker with water and let boil.
- Meanwhile, take the chiratta/coconut shell or the utensil.
- The utensil usually has a perforated disc which needs to be placed at the bottom.
- Once the disc is in place spread a little coconut evenly on the bottom.
- Put in the rice flour mixture till the brim.
- Sprinkle some more coconut evenly on top.
- Place the coconut shell or utensil on top of the pressure cooker.
- Cover and let cook for approximately 5- 7 minutes and till the cooked smell comes.
- Invert the shell on a plate.
- Serve with the accompaniment of your choice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mareena’s Recipe Collections