• 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (from super market)
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1.25 cups Sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 2/3 cup sour Cream (from supermarket- Optional)
• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence until light.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream, then mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop table spoon full batter onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Usha Gurnani