• 250 gms – Maida
• 1 and 1/4 tsp – baking powder
• 180 gms – powdered Sugar
• 2 heaped tbsp. – cocoa powder
• 160 gms – thick Curd
• 200 gms – white Butter
• 1 cups – almonds, cut into small pieces
• 1 cup – slivers Almonds
• 2 cups – chocolate sauce
• 2-3 tsp – oil for oiling the cake tin
- Sift together maida, baking powder, cocoa powder and keep aside. Blend together powdered sugar, curd and white butter in a mixer. Run the mixer with frequent pauses till the sugar blends with the curd and white butter.
- Prepare the cake tin by oiling the base of a round cake tin. Use the oil to line the bottom and the sides of the cake tin. You could also place butter paper on the oiled tin and the sides of the tin. Keep the tin aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place the dry ingredients – the sifted maida, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix the wet ingredients gently and slowly so that the dry and wet ingredients mix well together. Add the almond pieces as well and stir gently.
- Now, pour this mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place in a preheated oven to bake at 180 degrees C for 45 mins. Insert a skewer or a knife in the centre of the cake. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is ready. Allow to cool in the oven.
- Remove and place on a plate, spread the chocolate sauce and top with slivers of almonds. Serve cold or at room temperature.