• 1 cup – flour
• 2 tbsp – Corn starch
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/2 tsp – baking soda
• 3 tbsp – butter, at room temperature
• 1/4 cup – Prune puree
• 1/4 cup – Brown sugar
• 1/2 cup – white Sugar
• 3/4 tsp – vanilla
• 1/4 cup – liquid Egg substitute
• 1/3 cup – chocolate chips
- Sift the flour, corn starch, salt and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Whip the butter and prune paste together in a bowl using an electric mixer until emulsified.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- Add the sugar and beat the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
- Beat in the egg substitute and beat until fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Mix the chips into the dry ingredients.
- Mix into the egg mixture while the mixer is at low speed.
- Work until just mixed and finish mixing with a rubber spatula.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) for 12-15 minutes until golden and the top springs back on touch.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi