• 2 cups – Milk
• 1/2 cup – Cream
• 4 tbsp – gelatin
• 4 tbsp – water
• 1/2 tbsp – vanilla essence
• 2-3 tbsp – cocoa
• 8 tbsp – Sugar
• 1 bar – Cadbury plain Milk chocolate
• Optional: a few glazed cherries, 1 party pack of vanilla ice-Cream or 1 cup of whipped sweetened Cream
- Boil milk, sugar and cocoa together for 5 minutes. Adjust the sweetness and cocoa level. It should taste extra sweet. Cool it and then add the vanilla essence.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over water in a small saucepan. Keep aside for 5 minutes. Warm over very low or indirect heat, stirring continuously. Do not boil.
- When the gelatin dissolves completely, add to the milk. Stir the milk well and pour into individual bowls. Chill to set. When thick but unset, remove from the freezer.
- Chip bits of half the chocolate bar, add some to each bowl and stir gently. Allow to set fully.
- Decorate the top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and a cherry or pipe out some sweetened whipped cream. Grate the remaining chocolate and sprinkle on top. Serve chilled and set.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi