• 500 g – Maida
• 300 g – Butter
• 400 g – Sugar
• 2 – eggs, beaten
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 4 tbsp – cocoa powder
- Beat the butter in a bowl until it’s light and creamy. Add the sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, salt and beaten eggs.
- Mix this with the flour and knead a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on to a lightly floured board to about half-inch thickness.
- Cut out as many rounds as possible using a biscuit cutter or a bottle cover.
- Gather the scraps, knead together and re-roll. Cut out more biscuits.
- Put the biscuits on greased baking trays and bake on the centre shelf of a hot oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White