• 1 cup – Butter or margarine
• 1.5 cups – light brown sugar, packed
• 1.5 cups – creamy Peanut Butter
• 1 – Egg
• 2 tsp – vanilla extract
• 2 cups – unbleached, all purpose flour
• 1 tsp – baking soda
• 1 cup – chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla, blending it well. Thoroughly blend the flour and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape the dough into 3/4 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 3 inches apart.
- With the bottom of a glass, press each ball into a cookie that is 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi