• 227g – semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
• 3/4 cup (180ml) – heavy whipping Cream
• 2 tbsp (28g) – unsalted Butter
• 2 tbsp – alcohol (cognac, brandy, kirsch, rum, bourbon, etc.) (optional)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized stainless steel bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. If desired, add the alcohol.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until the truffle mixture is firm (this will take several hours or overnight).
Recipe courtesy of Suresh Thampy