Churma Ladoo is a traditional rajasthani recipe. In Gujarat it is called a ladva. In India, Churma Ladoo or ladva is made during all festivals or other ocassions. Churma Ladoo is most delicious sweets which is to make for Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Churma ladoo is basically a deep fried wheat and gram flour dough balls which is mixed with jaggery and shaped into small round balls (ladoos). Enjoy this Churma Ladoo Recipe.
– 500 gm wheat flour
– 50 gm gram flour (besan)
– 100 gm castor sugar
– 200 gm jaggery
– 500 gm Ghee
– 2 teaspoon cardamom powder (elachi powder)
– 2 tablespoon milk
– 1 tablespoon khus khus (poppy seeds)
How To Make?
1. In one large plate, add wheat flour and ghee and make a tough dough with warm water. Make medium size rolls from this dough.
2. Now, Put a kadhai on a heat and add 3 tablespoon ghee to it and fry the wheat rolls.
3. Now, when the wheat rolls turn brown in color remove it from the kadhai and keep it aside to let it cool. Once the rolls become cool crush it into mixture and make a powder of it.
4. Sieve the mixture properly if its not crushed properly then again crush it into mixture.
5. Now, in this mixture add 1 tablespoon castor sugar and mix it well. keep it aside.
6. Now, in another bowl add gram flour, milk and 1 tablespoon ghee and sieve it properly. Then add 1 tablespoon ghee to kadhai and fry this flour into it. Now, mix this flour into previously prepared wheat flour mixture.
7. Now, in a large kadhai, heat the ghee and add jaggery to it when the jaggery deliquesce in to ghee add churma mixture (wheat flour mixture ) and cardamom powder to it and bake it fro 4-5 minute.
8. When the mixture is hot remove it from the heat and let it become slightly cool.
9. When the mixture is slightly hot make a round roll from the mixture and make small ladoo from it.
10. Repeat this procedure for all the mixture and make small ladoos from it.
11. Roll this ladoos on Khus Khus (Poppy Seeds) and its ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
Servings: Makes 10-15 Ladoos