• 1 cup – Granulated Sugar
• 3/4 cup – Butter or margarine, softened
• 1/2 tsp – Salt
• 1 – Egg
• 1 tsp – Grated Lemon rind
• 1 tsp – Vanilla extract
• 2.25 cups – All-purpose flour
• 1 tsp – Baking powder
• Additional granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Put the sugar, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat in egg, lemon rind, and vanilla until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Gradually stir into creamed ingredients.
- On a floured board, roll dough using a floured rolling pin until 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into fancy shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle generously with additional sugar.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until it becomes light brown around the edges.
- Cool on racks and store in airtight containers.
Recipe courtesy of Narmadha