• 12 slices – bread with the edges cut off
• 50g – Butter
• 4 – fried eggs
• 3 – tomatoes, sliced thickly
• 4 slices – Ham
• 4- cheese slices
• 4 Lettuce leaves or Cabbage
• 1 tbsp – table mustard
• 2 tbsp -mayonnaise
- Toast the bread lightly and butter each on one side.
- Brush with mustard and mayonnaise.
- Place lettuce or cabbage leaves over 4 slices of toast; add a slice of cheese and ham each and cover with a slice of buttered toast.
- Now place tomato slices on this and then the fried egg.
- Cover with the remaining slices of toast, buttered side down.
- Secure each club sandwich with toothpicks.
- Cut diagonally into half and serve with tomato sauce and mustard and a few French fries.
- Substitute ham with fried bacon if desired.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White