• 1 cup – iced Sugar
• 1 tsp – of cocoa powder
• 1.5 tbsp – water (for stiffer icing)
• 1-1/2 tbsp – water (for flowing icing)
• 2-3 drops of food colour, or as desired
• 2-3 drops essence to match
- Put iced sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl. Sifting is not required, unless it is very lumpy.
- Pour water, stir to mix, and gently heat it.
- When it gets fully dissolved, add colour and essence, and mix it evenly.
- Pour immediately onto cake. Spread it evenly, allowing it to flow over the sides.
- Run a knife dipped in hot water to even it out on the top.
- Allow it to cool completely before touching it for further decorations.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering