• 2 cups – grated Coconut
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• A few strands of Saffron /2-3 drops of rose/strawberry essence (optional)
• Ghee (for greasing the plate)
- In an large bowl mix coconut and sugar and keep aside for 10 mins. Heat a non stick pan, put the coconut-mixture and mix well on medium flame for 5 mins. Keep stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame to low and stir for another 7 – 8 mins.
- Add cardamom powder and (optional) essences at this stage.
- Keep stirring till mixture gets dry.
- Pour the mixture immediately onto a greased plate and smoothen it out.
- Wait for 2 mins to cool and immediately cut into square
Recipe courtesy of Sanaya