• 1 cup – Coconut scrapped fine
• 3 potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
• 4 green chillies, finely chopped
• 1 piece ginger, grated finely
• salt to taste
• 1 tbsp – Corn flour
• 1/4 cup – bread crumbs
• 2 tbsp – desiccated Coconut powder
• oil to deep fry
- Mix coconut, potatoes, chillies, ginger, salt, corn flour.
- Knead to make a pliable dough.
- Divide into ten-twelve parts, shaping each into a cutlet.
- Mix breadcrumbs and coconut powder in a plate.
- Roll each cutlet in crumb mixture.
- Place in refrigerator till required or 10 minutes at least.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, gently drop in a few cutlets, when oil is hot.
- Fry on medium flame till golden brown, flip sides.
- Fry other side evenly, drain.
- Place on kitchen paper for a few minutes to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with green and tamarind chutneys or tomato ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi