• 2 cups – parboiled Rice
• 1 cup – ground Coconut
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tbsp – each of Channa and Urad Dal
• 2 – Green chillies
• 1 – broken Red Chilli
• a couple of Curry leaves
• 1 – minced Onion
• salt to taste
- Clean and soak the rice for about 6 hours, then grind with coconut to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and put in the mustard seeds and the dals.
- When the dals turn red, add onion and chillies and curry leaves.
- When the onion turns soft, remove from fire and mix the mixture into the rice paste.
- Add enough hot water to form a thick paste. Steam in an idli vessel and serve hot with chutneys.