• 1/2 cup – moong dal
• 1 cup – coconut, freshly grated
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 6 Cloves – Garlic
• Curry leaves – a few
• Mustard Seeds – a few
• 2 – Red Chillies
- Dry roast moong dal and till it is pink in colour.
- Then, cook the dal till soft.
- Meanwhile, grind the coconut, garlic, red chilli powder and turmeric powder together.
- After the dal is cooked, remove it from the flame and add the ground mixture to it with salt and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, add oil and then add the mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering, add the 2 red chillies and curry leaves to it and then the dal mixture.
- Warm the dal but do not boil
- Serve it with hot rice and papad.
Recipe courtesy of Pushpa