• 1 cup – unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1 cup – Durum whole Wheat flour
• 2 tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 tsp – baking soda
• 1/4 tsp – salt
• 1.5 tsp – Egg replacer powder
• 3/4 cup – Orange juice
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, egg replace powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the egg replacer with the orange juice. Add the agave nectar, orange zest, oil and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together until they are just combined. Do not overmix. Add the coconut and mix in.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and divide the batter equally between the cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Place on a rack to cool.
- Unmold after 10 minutes and continue to cool the muffins.
- Orange Glaze:
- Heat the orange juice in a small saucepan until it begins to boil.
- Add the powdered sugar and zest and turn off the heat. Whisk together well.
- Pour over the cooled or barely-warm muffins.
- Recipe courtesy: Holy Cow Vegan
Recipe courtesy of Vaishaly