• 1 cup – semolina (sooji)
• 2 tbsp – Coconut (scraped)
• 1/2 cup – tender Coconut flesh (chopped)
• 25 measures – Sugar free natura (artificial sweetener)
• 3 tbsp – Ghee
• 2 cups – Milk
• 1/4 cup – khoya/mawa (crumbled)
- Heat two tbsp ghee in a pan. Add sooji and roast it. Add scraped coconut and continue to roast.
- Add milk and mix. Add mawa and mix.
- Add artificial sweetener and mix.
- Cook till sooji is cooked and the mixture resembles halwa.
- Add the remaining ghee to give it a glaze.
- Put the sheera into a small mould and unmould it onto a serving plate.
- Similarly treat the remaining sheera.
- Garnish with chopped tender co
Recipe courtesy of Sonia Gandhi