• Milk – 1 cup
• Sugar – 6 tbsp
• Custard powder -1 tbsp
• Nescafe powder – 3/4 tbsp
• Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
• Gelatin – 1/2 tsp
• Nutmeg – 2 pinches
• Dalchini powder- 1 pinch
• Chopped Walnut -1/2 cup
• Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
• Fresh cream- 1 cup
- Pour cold milk. Add sugar and custard powder (mixed to a smooth paste with little milk).
- Place the mixture on low-medium flame.
- Add gelatine (premixed with 4-5 tbsp of water) to it
- Keep stirring till the custard thickens. When it forms a smooth creamy paste, remove from flame.
- Mix cocoa, coffee, jaiphal powder and a portion of the custard to make a fine smooth paste
- Pour it slowly into the custard mixture. Beat well to form a smooth chocolaty paste.
- Add the vanilla essence. Add the chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- After 10-15 minutes, transfer the contents into the dessert bowl. Place it in the refrigerator. When cool, pour whipped cream (sweetened or un-sweetened ).
- Mix well if you like the two flavours to blend. Else, just mix lightly to have marbled layers of brown and white. Serve cool
Recipe courtesy of Veda