• 1 – whole chicken, cut in small pieces
• 6 Cloves – Garlic
• 6 – small potatoes, peeled
• 6 – small onions, peeled
• 2 – Bay Leaves
• 1 – carrot, sliced in roundels
• 1 – stick celery, sliced
• A few sprigs parsley, chopped
• 1/2 bottle – any sweet red wine
• Salt to taste
• Olive oil
• Some brandy to flambe
- Take a non-stick pan with lid. Heat olive oil and quickly fry the chicken pieces till light brown.
- Then add the bay leaves, garlic, onions, potato, carrots and the celery.
- Give a good stir and reduce heat.
- Allow the juices of the chicken and the vegetables to mix together.
- After about 5 minutes, take the brandy and flambe the ingredients in the pan.
- After the fire dies down, pour in the wine, stir well, add salt and cover.
- Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, till the chicken is tender and the sauce takes a really rich, dark colour.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Kaniska Chakraborty