• 1 cup Corn kernels
• 1 cup Potato boiled, mashed
• 1/2 tsp ginger, crushed
• 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
• 3 green chillies, crushed
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
• 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp cornflour or plain flour
• 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp oil
• Salt to taste
• 2-3 pinches Asafoetida
• Oil 4 tbsp (or more to deep fry)
- Mash corn kernels coarsely. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli, turmeric, asafoetida, stir.
- Add corn, potato, coriander, flour, salt, and lemon juice.
- Stir continuously, till dry. A firm lump should form.
- Cool, shape into patties with greased palms.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil, till golden.
- Drain, serve piping hot with ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering