• 1 – Southern Cornbread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 green, 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 – medium onion, diced
• 1 tbsp – fresh sage, chopped
• 1 tbsp – fresh rosemary, chopped
• 1 cup – Coriander leaves (or parsley)
• 1 cup – chopped Celery Stalks
• 1 tbsp – Olive oil + 1 tbsp – vegan Butter like Earth Balance
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 2 cups -vegetable stock
- Heat the oil and vegan butter.
- Add the onion, celery and bell peppers and saute for about five minutes until they begin to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper and add herbs. Turn off heat.
- Add the cubed cornbread and mix well. Add the vegetable stock and mix well. The cornbread cubes will break up, or at least some of them, but that’s okay.
- Empty the stuffing into an oiled, rectangular baking dish and bake for about 45-60 minutes or until the top is brown and crunchy.
- Garnish with more fresh herbs, if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Vaishaly