A very simple and easy recipe to make a cornbread at home. It’s a simple, cake-like, delicious bread. If you want it sweeter, you can add more sugar to it. This cornbread recipe is best with chili or soup for a breakfast. You can add sour cream, buttermilk to the recipe to make it something different in taste.
– 1 cup refined flour
– 1 cup maize flour (corn meal)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1/2 cup curd
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– Salt to taste
How To Make?
1. Preheat an oven at 200C. Grease a loaf tin o a square baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, prepare a mixture of both refined flour and maize flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat milk, curd and meted butter.
4. Gradually mix dry flour mixture. Don’t over-heat the mixture. Pour into the greased tin or pan.
5. Bake it for 25 to 30 minutes until done and a light crust is formed.
6. Unmould on a wire rack to make it cool. Cut into slices.
7. Apply butter on the slices and serve with steaming soup.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minute
Servings: 6 Person