• 1 – big Crab
• 1 tbsp – Coriander seeds
• 5-6 – whole Kashmiri chillies (or as per taste)
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 10 – peppercorns
• 1 – small Coconut (grated)
• 12 Cloves – Garlic
• 2 – Onions (finely sliced)
• 2 – Tomatoes (finely chopped)
• 1 cup – Coconut Milk
• a few fresh Curry leaves
• a handful of Coriander leaves
• 3-4 tbsp – oil
• 1/4 tsp – Fenugreek seed powder
• salt to taste
- Clean and cut the crab into medium-sized pieces. Wash thoroughly.
- Roast the coriander seeds, red chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, peppercorns, grated coconut and garlic on medium flame until aromatic.
- Add 1/4 of the sliced onions and grind these ingredients to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadhai or pan. Add the remaining onions and curry leaves.
- Saute the onions on low flame until golden in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crab pieces and saute gently.
- Add the paste, salt and mix gently. Cook on low flame.
- Add coconut milk and simmer.
- Cook until the crab pieces are done.
- Garnish with fenugreek seed powder and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja