Crab Mornay, a cheese sauce cooked with mustard makes this dish more tasty and delicious. Best to serve with crisp green salad.
– 350 gm fresh crabmeat or 2×170 gm drained cans crab meat
– 5 cloves crushed garlic
– 60 gm butter
– 1/3 cup plain flour (Maida)
– 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
– 2 cups milk
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 1/2 cup grated cheese
– 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon tobacco
– 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
– 3 tablespoons cream
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. In a large bowl, melt butter for 1 mint in HIGH flame, stir in flour and mustard. Cook for a further 1 mint on HIGH flame.
2. Gradually stir in milk. Cook for 3-5 mints on HIGH flame, stirring every minute.
3. Stir in onion, crab meat, salt and pepper, 1/4 cup cheese, tomato sauce, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, cream, salt and garlic.
4. Place into a 1-litre serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
5. Cook for 8-10 mints on MEDIUM flame.
6. Serve in volavaunt shells with a garden salad.
– You must try it with Melba toast. It tastes best.
– Also, you can try it with crust white bread
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 6 Person